Oddball: Barrels Oddball: Barrels

You really need to work on giving more spacial clues to the audience. Basically I have little idea where the characters and barrels are in relation to each other, except when they're on the screen at the same time. An establishing or wide shot early on showing all of the characters and major props are would fix this issue.

You also jumped the 180-rule/line of action which caused some confusion. Early on the barrels are shown on the left side of the scenes and the characters are looking at them (so I assume they are on the right side). But in the last shot the characters appear to be on the left side of the road.

Other than that the effects, voices, animation, and art are all top notch! Just need to work on spacial continuity.

Kreid responds:

Oh god I know, this video has been on the side for a long time, and I only learned about the 180 rule part way through it, and didn't think to look back over it with the rule in mind. Thanks for the helpful pointers!

Free Wilco Free Wilco

Good ol' nostalgia! Though I came into the Space Quest series around the 4th installment this still brings back all those warm and fuzzy memories. A lot of the art really felt like it was an old pre-VGA video game. You get a full 5 buckazoids!

Fenada 002 Fenada 002

I'm glad that there's a start to a plot in this episode. The first episode didn't really set up any plot or story, just some basic character exposition. So a nice improvement there.

Art is good. Animation is good, though a bit jerky at times. No big deal.

The big problem I felt was the framing and cuts. Several cuts were awkward or even unnecessary; it threw off pacing at times and that did more to distract than to enhance the scene or shot. Same with the framing, though that was far less often.

There's room for improvement and I'm sure you'll do so over the next few episodes. Keep it up!

Oddball Omnibus (Ch 1-3) Oddball Omnibus (Ch 1-3)

Well done, but I felt like it was missing something. Art, audio, acting, animation are all well done, but I can't quite put my finger on what wasn't working. Usually for me the 'cinematography' needs to pull me in, and I'm not feeling it here. Another reviewer mentioned too many close ups, and I'm inclined to agree. Some wider shots would give us space and environment clues, and can be used for better visual metaphors in certain scenes.

That said, the color palettes separating the mechanical from the living world was a nice choice. Looking forward to the next.

Kreid responds:

Thanks, I'm definitely going to keep the cinematic works in mind, thanks for pointing those out :)
Glad you liked it, and thanks for the positives on the colours

EVo3: Finally Some Action EVo3: Finally Some Action

Causality! It's been awhile since I watched the last episode but from what I can tell there's been an improvement in animation; the movements are less jerky. Good writing, good pacing, good art. Keep it up, I enjoy this series!

EVanimations responds:

Thanks! I always like a fan!

Hammer & Fail 2 Hammer & Fail 2

Good fun.

Great as always! Well animated, written, and paced.

Resident Evil Code: Pwanchi Pt 1 Resident Evil Code: Pwanchi Pt 1

Fun watch, but a lot of peeves..

Script was decent, though mostly from the game. Acting/Sound was great. Art was average. Animation was average.

You do a lot of close ups but your animation style, for whatever reason, comes off really jerky and disjointed at times and it's noticeable with the close ups. Add more easing and pay attention to your anchor points, this should improve the animation a bit.

Final Mansion Final Mansion

Overambitious

Decent art style and solid concept (despite being a generic, action-stick movie). But your animation skill doesn't match. The tweening was very rigid most of the time, little-to-no easing in the tweens, background movements slip and aren't synced with the foreground movement. All of this really took me out of the movie.

The only part that I felt engaged was as they were climbing up the building, the aforementioned issues weren't as obvious at that part and the action was pretty intense. But the fight right after took me back out of it, even though you did put more movement in.

By tweening stick figures, you lose a lot of the feeling that should go into making the animation. It is entirely possible to tween a stick movie, but the rigidity of the animation made it feel like you just couldn't animate as well as you wanted to. Or worse, you just didn't want to put in the effort.

EVolution-abduction ep1 EVolution-abduction ep1

Nice start!

Definitely gotta give you props for the aliens-wont-have-human-anatomy dialogue. It really turned around in the end from what appeared to be an average sci-fi series to something more original. Keep it up!

Battle in the Sky Battle in the Sky

Very nice

Well done! I can't tell why, but I feel like it was missing something; like I wasn't being pulled into what was going on as much as I wanted to be.